Fairbairn Boys Club was founded in the late 1800’s by Lady Trowe in the Lea’s Hall, Canning Town,
for the underprivelaged children of the East End of London. Faibairn is actually a Scottish word meaning “good child”.
The Club moved to Fairbairn Hall in Barking road, Plaistow in 1923, where it flourished in all sports including Boxing, Football, Rugby and Cricket. Famous personalities to emerge through the Club are Billy Walker, Terry Spinks, Graham Gooch, Alan Curbishley, to name but a few.